UPDATE ON EVENTS AND FESTIVALS
SHREE RAM NAVAMI CANCELLED
HANUMAN JAYANTI/ CHALISA CANCELLED
MORE UPDATES WILL BE GIVEN REGARDING OTHER GA EVENTS/ FESTIVALS IN DUE TIME
Gujarati Association was born in the 1960’s by the early Indian settlers; together they banded and supported each other, to become the foundation stone of what we are today. In time the small number of Indians in Wolverhampton met to help one and another, united together to maintain our Indian belonging and heritage.
GA Mission Statement : We are a community organisation that aims to promote, particularly but not exclusively, the general welfare and well-being of the Hindu Gujarati community in Wolverhampton.
Volunteers, young and old have helped since the formation; this selflessness has allowed the GA to continue enjoying annual events and cultural activities, family functions and more.
The objectives of the GA are:
- To preserve the Indian culture and heritage and promote the Indian culture, heritage, education and overall development of the Indian community in Wolverhampton
- To facilitate communication and understanding of cultural matters between the Indian community and the wider community both within and outside of the Wolverhampton region
- To provide a multicultural community centre and related facilities which caters for the cultural, religious social and Health & Wellbeing.
- To actively support and co-operate with other organisations both within and outside of the Wolverhampton region whose objects are similar to those of the GA.
- If you have any questions or enquiries please contact us.