Jai Shree Krishna
The Coronavirus or COVID-19 is a new virus that affects your respiratory system and causes various symptoms.
The Gujarati Association will be closed till further notice. ALL CLASSES CANCELLED, including sakhar day centre, yoga classes, aerobics, bhajans and youth club. Further updates regarding religious events will be provided in due course.
If you believe that you have the following symptoms:
– a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back.
– a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly.
We would respectfully ask you to refrain from participating in our activities and events (NHS recommends 7-14 days of recovery) as your health and the health of our community is vital. Coronavirus is most detrimental on our older generation and we must protect everyone as well as living our lives as normal. There are many ways to avoid catching or spreading this virus…
– wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds.
– always wash your hands when you get home or into work.
– use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
– cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
– put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
– try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
The Gujarati Association is looking out for the well-being of the older and younger generation. We must take advice from professionals only, the GA recommend reading the NHS website if you ever have any worries or call 111 if you believe you have any symptoms.
Any changes we will update everyone immediately!